With Myriota connectivity, the Cockatoo is able to provide councils, water utilities and water regulators with timely water consumption data from even the most remotely located assets, providing a powerful tool for the water industry, particularly in rural areas.
The Cockatoo telemetry device supports data collection from a range of common commercial and industrial protocols, enabling water meters and a range of sensors, to be easily monitored in remote locations.
Use cases beyond water metering include bore hole monitoring, flood plain and water catchment monitoring, pipeline management, wastewater network management or other activities where monitoring level, pressure, flow, water and air quality, weather, odour and gas may be beneficial.
- Supports a range of common commercial and industrial protocols, enabling a variety range of sensors to be easily deployed
- Supported interfaces include Pulse, Modbus over RS232/RS485, SDI-12 and 4-20mA.
- Flexible power supply options include 1-4 field replaceable internal D-cell batteries allowing for up to 15 years battery life
- IP68 rating provides high degree of protection against ingress of dust and moisture
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel connectors enabling deployment in hazardous environments such as sewers
- Transmissions are secured with AES 128 encryption (AES 256 for satellite solution)